M&CCE Expo is committed to being environmentally friendly and sustainable, both in the office and on-site during the exhibition.
Working together with contractors, M&CCE Expo has chosen to support Big Blue Ocean Cleanup as the exhibition’s environmental partner. An international organisation that envisages healthy oceans and global marine biodiversity, Big Blue Ocean Cleanup's mission is to drive positive change towards clean oceans that support all marine wildlife and sustainable living.
Steps M&CCE Expo is taking to be more environmentally friendly:
* Exhibition carpets are recycled and given a second use, as much as possible
* Using LED spotlights on the stand which are 80% more efficient than standard spotlights
* M&CCE Expo carrier bags will be 100% recyclable sugar cane based.
* Single use plastics such as plastic straws and bottles will not be allowed on site
* Water stations on site encouraging visitors and exhibitors to bring their own re-usable water bottles.
* Exhibitor welcome packs, sent out before the exhibition, will be digital versions so cutting down on paper, printing and over 500 plastic wallets
* Improved waste recycling and additional bins and recycling bins on site at M&CCE Expo and Seawork.
Exhibiting companies will have the opportunity to showcase their own efforts to go greener in a display area supported by Big Blue Ocean Cleanup. Part of that display will enable exhibitors to show what their organisations are doing to make a difference to the planet’s oceans, environment and sustainability, showing all exhibition visitors that the Commercial Marine Industry is taking this matter seriously.
To see more news on how M&CCE Expo, Seawork and its exhibition contractors are going greener, visit www.seawork.com
For further information on the Big Blue Ocean Cleanup go to: https://www.bigblueoceancleanup.org/about